We are currently looking for a Design Editor for the year 2017-2018. As Design Editor, you get to:
- Design two literary journals, including cover, layout, formatting, and so on. One issue will be released Winter 2017-18 and one will be released Spring 2018.
- Design posters and other advertisement material for 3-4 events.
- Create graphics for the website.
- Play a leading role in choosing the visual work for both Winter and Spring issues.
- Capture the "visual Zeitgeist of the age."
Acta Victoriana is a small student-run journal with a large scope, publishing acclaimed writers from all over North America. As a Design Editor, you will therefore have a large influence on the shape and feel of the journal. Past Design Editors have usually been 3rd or 4th year students at UofT or OCAD studying design or art-related fields, though we welcome anybody with interest and relevant experience to apply. Familiarity with InDesign is strongly preferred.
In addition to permanent fame and artistic satisfaction, Design Editors will receive an honorarium of $500 per journal, subject to budget approval.
In order to apply, please fill out this application form and send it to email@example.com along with a 4-8 page portfolio before 11:59 PM on the 11th of September. Qualified applicants will be contacted for a short interview. If you have any questions about the position or the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now looking for Associate Editors to join our board for 2017-2018.
- Assisting in the selection of poetry, prose, and visual art for our Fall and Winter issues.
- Meeting regularly with the editorial team.
- Helping with event planning and promotion.
- Work with our archival program.
- Whatever you come up with. We encourage our editors to take initiative in the production of the journal; for example, see the editor-produced interviews and literary criticism in vol. 141.
The editorial board consists of 6-10 editors, typically undergraduate students at the University of Toronto. If you are interested in applying for a position, please fill out this application and email it to email@example.com by September 22nd.